Book Title: Getting IN by Standing OUT: The New Rules for Admission to America's Best Colleges
Publisher: Advantage Media Group
Author: Dr. Deborah Bedor
The Rules for Admission Have Changed! Are you worried about what other families of high achieving children know that you don't about getting your child into a great college? A best-fit college? An Ivy University or top tier college? An intellectually challenging college? Getting IN by Standing Out will show you exactly how to discover, develop, and present your authentic high school journey to get noticed by Admissions among the thousands of other student applicants, and get ACCEPTED at your top schools.
Getting IN by Standing OUT is the heralded, eye-opening guide that students, parents, and high school admission counselors have awaited. The book tells you, through personal student stories, peerless advice from Dr. Bedor’s eminent twenty-five year career, and brilliant out-of-the-box steps, what college admissions Actually looks for today. Dr. Bedor provides a heartwarming, aspirational handbook that coaxes and inspires students to use their high school years for a personal quest, intellectual passion, or social cause that’s in line with their authentic gifts, strengths, and ambitions. All things being equal: grades, scores, and recommendations, it is now your leadership and creative quest towards YOU that reveals the character and intellect that the gatekeepers to Admissions seek.
Inside, Dr. Deborah Bedor empowers you to:
· Discover your passions, create impact, and thrive on intellectual and “extrapreneurial” engagement
· Invest in yourself so the top colleges will want to invest in you
· Learn the study habits and tests that show you off the best
· Brag artfully to remain likeable
· Structure exceptional and meaningful essays explaining “why you do what you do” – because the WHY is everything
· Uncover generous merit-based financial awards
· Ace your admissions interview
“High School is a vibrant, open all night laboratory in which to begin creating yourself. Find the thing that fascinates you, and you will become fascinating.”